The program in the Television Department will comprise:
- A undergraduate major :
- A graduate major:
2-year MFA granting program (120 ECTS credits).
The MFA program proposes two specializations:
• MFA in TV Directing
• MFA in TV Concept Creation and Writing
Anticipated Teaching and Learning Methodologies
The Television program adopts a competence-based approach where the student must attain knowledge, know- how and life skills on all levels.
The teaching methodology is based on active and varied methods where the student can build his knowledge and acquire competence while supported and guided by theoreticians and practitioners in the eld.
The different teaching methods applied are: interactive lectures, problem-based and project-based learning, group and individual works of creation, seminars, supervision of research and re ection.
In fact, formative assessment is an inherent part of the program, which accompanies the student throughout his/her education. Consisting of feedback and discussion, it promotes the analytical and synthetic approach to information and creation.
This program’s general approach is re exive both for instructors and students.
This active teaching methodology also uses the technical tools and facilities of the profession as well as modern technological tools of communication and teaching.
Objectives of the Television department
- Developing the student’s knowledge and know-how in the Lebanese and Arab market in the various elds of television to attain excellence and a high level of professionalism.
- Developing the student’s creativity and sense of innovation.
- Initiate the student into the practice of teamwork and train him/her in managing and solving problems.
- Ensuring exibility and adaptation to the different professional opportunities in Television.
- Initiating the student into remaining well-versed in and adapting to social, cultural, political, and economic development as well as new techniques and creations.