USAID’s “Quality Instruction towards Access and Basic Education Improvement” (QITABI -2) is a five-year program seeking to improve learning outcomes for all students in public primary schools in Lebanon. Its activity targets an estimated 200,000 girls and boys, including those who are registered in second shifts of public schools.
World Learning has an immediate vacancy for a “ digital illustrator” for its Beirut based USAID-funded Quality Instruction towards Access and Basic Education Improvement (QITABI 2) project in Lebanon.
This position is for Lebanese nationals only. To apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the post title on the subject line along with a cover letter (in English) explaining why you are best qualified for this position with a sample of your work. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible
Scope and Responsibilities:
The project is aiming to produce digital e-content in line with the Lebanese curriculum for the English, French, Arabic, and Math subject - Grades 1 to 6 – with psychosocial support activities, both integrated and stand alone. The digital illustrator will work closely with the QITABI 2 Subject Matter experts (SMEs) and Instructional Designers to visualize the content produced by the SMEs into e-resources. She/ he will be in charge of producing the illustrations needed for the eLearning course design and other related content
Principal areas of responsibility
• Creates new, and edits existing, digital art/illustrations using illustration software (Adobe Illustrator,
Photoshop, etc.) both for print and screens. Examples of the said art include, but are not restricted to,
the following illustrations:
o People of various age groups, especially learners and teachers, in different contexts and from
o Illustrations of people striking different relaxation /breathing poses.
o Pets and wild animals.
• Collaborates and communicates with all team members to improve end-products.
• Ensures staying up to date to trends and that content upgrades are properly deployed.
• Maintains branding of all the produced material in line with the QITABI-2 branding and marking
strategy approved by USAID.
• Abides by QITABI 2 storing and archiving policies for digital assets.
• Assists in integrating characters into animated scenes and background environments by following best
practices for layering and grouping in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Brainstorms with colleagues on the best creative solutions for the production.
• Degree in Multimedia, Graphics design, Arts, or a relevant field.
• 4+ years of relevant experience, demonstrated, among other means, by a portfolio.
• Draws using drawing tablet/pad (Wacom, Huion, etc…)
• Creativity and eye for detail.
• Ability to learn new software and systems quickly.
• Experience with content management systems preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within a diverse team.
• Ability and willingness to adapt to a dynamic set of standards and tools.
• Ability to work in a team environment