Bachelor's Degree in 2D/3D Animation
Mr Alain Brenas (Directeur)
Mr Joe Beaini (Alba - Balamand)
Mrs Léna Bonja
Mrs Amandine Brenas
Mr Gilbert Hage
Mrs Nicole Melki
Mr Sammy Moujaes
Mrs Michèle Standjofski
Alba is a pioneer in the setting up of an animation program in Lebanon. Alba strives to form high level professionals in this field.
The objective of this program is to bring out the creativity that will serve aesthetics and sociological reflection and expression.
Teachers and professionals use educational methods that integrate the technical, economic, and artistic evolution.
Our students develop real-life projects in the different 3D and 2D fields. They are thus prepared to go into professional life. These exercises also enhance personal research, teamwork, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Know the different fields of animated images and be able to choose the one that fits his/her abilities best.
- Prepare students for a professional life as well as for successful higher studies.
- Prepare students to be team players with a sense of leadership creativity and determination.
- Learn how to write and direct animated films through a series of projects during his/her studies.
- Learn and practice the basics of film language (scenario, script breakdown).
- Make the most of all technical aspects of the production of an animated film to express his/her ideas (sound, compositing, image).
- Be able to organize and manage teamwork, communicate with all partners until the project ends.
When completing the program, the student will
- Master the basics of film language
- Master the principles of scenario writing
- Know how to express ideas through images and sounds
- Be knowledgeable in character design and animation
- Know the basic principles guiding the design of a short film
- Know the structural principles of a short film
- Have an extensive knowledge of the history of art and of animated films
- Master the use of all relevant software to produce an animated film
- Master the use of all technical tools: sound, compositing, image
- Know how to organize the different steps of the production and divide the work up among the teams involved
- Be a good team leader, knowing how to communicate with the team members, giving clear indications in order to get the best results possible and being as creatively demanding with others as with oneself
- Develop an analytic approach to problems, but also a synthetic and reflexive approach to the world
- Recognize his/her affinities and choose a specialization
Terms and Conditions for the Bachelor's Final Project
The student having obtained the 173 credits required during the six semesters, is allowed to present his bachelor project (7 credits).
This cycle, in parallel with the program of the 6th semester, has three stages:
1. Choice of subject
2. Research file
-Market marketing (all specializations): define the target, study the competition and positioning.
• 2D / 3D animation: scenario, characters and sets, cutting and dialogues, storyboard.
3. Final project
- 2D / 3D animation
• Fiction 1 minute or pub 30 seconds: sets and characters, production record and production.
4. Presentation of the bachelor final project
The presentation will be made before a jury chaired by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education's delegate and composed by teachers from the school.
Conditions for the Validation of Credits
NB: See also the "Academic Rules" of Alba.