The School of Decorative Arts is the third segment of the Lebanese Academy of Fine Arts, founded in 1955, took place 12 years after the establishment of the School of Architecture and the Visual Arts in 1943.
This school has evolved over time into several sections, the one relating to the interior architecture which Mr. Joseph Rabbat has managed for more than fifty years until 2014-2015.
This section is headed since 2015-2016 by Mr. Jean-Louis Mainguy.
The Graphic Arts and Publicity section institutionalized in 1975 by its director Mr. Alain Brenas, and finally, its design section created in 1999, of which Mr. Zareh Sarabian is acting director.
This school, through the different disciplines that it provides, has always had for motto a sentence of the founder of Alba M. Alexis Boutros:
"The pursuit of perfection is our raison d'être".
Teaching and training in the form of a pedagogical path, both artistic and technical, prepares students from different disciplines for the important responsibilities they will have to occupy in their professional life.
The creativity factor and innovative research compares these 3 schools in a real research laboratory, and a field of experimentation, which may arise major currents of applied arts in the fields of interior design, design, graphic arts and advertising.
Alba was able to carry through these three disciplines, entire generations of professionals who were able to evolve through this training both inventive and functional criteria of excellence in their respective fields, by borrowing from the Academy the rigor, the coherence and the fullness of knowledge and training that they have acquired.