Mr Alain Brenas (Director)
Mr Ghassan Koteit (Director of cinema department)
Dr. Danielle Davie
Mrs Rima Kaddissi
Dr. May Koussa
Mrs Rosy Raggi
Mr Mohammed Sabah
Mr Antoine Waked
Alba pioneered audio-visual training in Lebanon. Its mission is to train highly qualified professionals in the fields of cinema and the audio-visual industry.
The School aims at attracting the most creative to be able to combine reflection – either aesthetic or sociological – and expression. Teachers and practicing professionals train students for that purpose, integrating economic, technical and artistic evolution to their teachings
Our students develop full scale projects in cinema, television, production and postproduction. This will help them enter professional life. These exercises favour teamwork, leadership training, creativity and adaptability.
- Be familiar with the different fields of the audio-visual professions and be able to identify the one they like best.
- Be prepared for a professional life as well as for successful higher studies
- Have a creative mind, full of curiosity and determination; be a team player, with a sense of leadership.
- Have the ability to write and direct films and documentaries through a series of projects throughout the curriculum
- Learn and practice the basics of film language (scenario, script breakdown)
- Make the most of all technical aspects of the production of an animated film to express his/her ideas (sound, compositing, image)
- Be able to organize and manage teamwork and shootings, be able to communicate with all partners.
Upon graduating, the student will:
- Master the basics of film language
- Master the principles of scenario writing
- Know how to express ideas through images and sounds
- Know the basics of cast directing
- Know the basic principles of designing a TV program
- Know the constituents of a set and the multicam control room
- Master the journalistic and structural principles of a TV report/documentary
- Have acquired an in-depth history of the cinema and of the arts
- Master the different techniques of image, sound, compositing and film editing
- Be able to defend his/her work through a well-argued presentation
- Know how to organize the different steps of the production and divide the work among the members of the team.
- Be a good team leader and communicator, giving clear demands and seeking creativity from others as well as from his/her self
- Develop an analytic approach to problems, but also a synthetic and reflexive approach to the world
- Recognize his/her affinities and choose the appropriate specialization
Conditions for the Validation of Credits
Please refer to the section “Academic Rules and Regulations”
Terms and Conditions for the Bachelor's Final Project
The student earns the Licence once the 180 ECTS credits required are confirmed.
The student has to make an “end of the cycle” film, where all steps are executed under the supervision of teachers. 7 ECTS credits are allocated to this project.
The end of cycle project is submitted to a jury made up of ALBA instructors. This jury is headed by the delegate of the Ministry of Education and Higher
An average of 10/20 and above is required to confirm the credits.